Wednesday, October 27, 2010

THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

It is election day here. It has been a pretty close race for Mayor. It is close depending on what poll you believe. I have heard the incumbent is ahead by 50% of the vote, is tied, or is behind by 3%. Time will tell. I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't care who you vote for...JUST VOTE!

My son is disappointed. He can't vote in this election. He doesn't turn 18 until Feb. I told him my story. I have always been a light political junkie. I would follow the campaigns closely. I was turning 18 and the election was called. You would think I would have been thrilled. Nope. Election day was the day BEFORE my 18th birthday. I couldn't vote. I was so frustrated.

I am following the election in my home town. I am curious what will happen. Most of the councillors will be new. Very few are running for re election, if any. I admit I am not sure. I get a kick out of one candidate. The story I have been told is only hearsay so I cannot say if it is a true story or not. I suspect some of it is based in truth. This man has run before. The problem was, he was under house arrest at the time. Therefore, council meetings would have to be held during the day because he had to be home by 6 pm. It makes me chuckle. I do know he has faced assault charges and I believe he has filed a lawsuit against the RCMP and the city. If it is true,  it will be interesting to see what will happen. Does this mean he will be suing himself? Someone told me people are wondering if he loses if he will be suing the entire population for not voting for him. It wouldn't be the first time a criminal held the position of Mayor. When I was a child, the Mayor went to jail for tax evasion. At least the current candidate is upfront and honest about his criminal past. Again I don't know how much of the story is true. It is a small town and stories tend to get distorted. It will be fun to watch though.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Get out and VOTE! I have always been a firm believer that you have the full right to gripe and complain about your local or national government all you want, as long as you voted. If you did not vote, then just shut the heck up. Happy Election day GG! :)

    ReplyDelete